Tustin Girl Scouts has a proud tradition of marching in the annual Tustin Tiller Days Parade on the first Saturday in October. This year’s parade will be on Saturday, October 2. Troops will meet on the west side of the Cream Pan building (602 El Camino Real, El Camino Real & 6th St. ) no later than 9:15am where Sharon King will be accepting your registration paperwork.
Click here for the registration form and event roster.
Since this is a troop activity, troop leaders also need to make sure the Tustin East SU Permission Slip Coordinator has been informed of your participation.
NEW!!!: Please email Sharon ASAP that you plan on participating in the parade.
- Wear your Girl Scout uniform or troop t-shirt (with sleeves), hat, sun screen, closed toed/heeled shoes and socks that cover the ankle.
- 2021/2022 membership registrations must be complete before the parade.
- Patches will be available for $2.00 ea.
- Exact cash preferred or checks made out to “GSOC Santa Ana Tustin Girl Scout Events”
- Please make sure payment is securely attached to the registration form and completed troop roster.
- Each troop will be responsible for their own First Aid.
- How long is the parade? Walking from Cream Pan, through the staging area and then along the parade route to our disbanding area is 1.5 miles.
- The parade officially starts at 10:00am with typically +/- 125 entries. We will not know until we get on the parade route if we are near the front or closer to the end. If we are near the front, we could be done by 11:00am. If we are closer to the back, it could be 1:00pm. When you check in with Sharon, you will be able to contact your parents and give them our best bet when we will be at the end of the parade route across the street from CT middle school just east of Beneta and Prospect. Click here for pickup parking recommendations.
- Where can parents watch the parade? Anywhere along the parade route. If they want to see us towards the end, the best place to view the parade is near the intersection of Irvine Blvd and Prospect. This is the competition zone for all the marching bands too so they will hear all the great marches and see the full performance for each band.
All troops must turn in the completed troop roster and patch order, and money at the parade. Patches will be given out at the November SU meetings.
Does your troop have a banner? If yes, this is a great time to use it. For examples, click here.
Would girls in your troop like to wear vintage Girl Scout uniforms as they march in the parade?
Contact Sharon King if you are interested in wearing in the parade. Limited fitting appointments are available Friday, Sept 24 – Tuesday, Sept 28 in the afternoons and evenings. Schedule an appoint early for best selection. If you are wearing a vintage uniform, you need to check in no later than 8:30 a.m. at the parade check in site.